Conditions We Treat
Program candidates include any child or teen who:
- Has headaches that occur on a consistent basis
- Has headaches that result in missed school days or other activities
- Has headaches that cause concern for the patient, parents, or primary care physician in any way
Chronic migraine describes headache which is occurring on 15 or more days per month, of which at least 8 of the headache days have features of migraine, for at least 3 months.
Cyclic vomiting is a disorder in which a person has periods of vomiting that can last anywhere from a few hours to several days.
Any type of pain in the head, neck, and face can be classified as a headache.
Medication Overuse Headache
A medication overuse headache is typically superimposed on another type of primary headache disorder, such as migraine or tension type headache.
Migraine with Aura
Migraine with aura describes a migraine with a visual disturbance or tingling sensation, which can occur more before or during a migraine.
Migraine without Aura
Migraine without aura is more common, and indicates that there are no associated focal neurologic symptoms either before or with the headache.
Primary Stabbing Headache
Primary stabbing headache tends to occur in patients with a family history of migraines.
Pseudotumor cerebri is a condition characterized by headaches and visual disturbances without an underlying brain tumor.
Tension Type Headache
Patients with tension type headache may have an increased sensitivity to pain.
- Migraine without aura
- Migraine with aura
- New daily persistent headache
- Pseudotumor cerebri (Idiopathic Intracranial hypertension)
- Hemiplegic migraine
- Migraine with brainstem aura
- Occipital neuralgia
- Cervicogenic headache
- Trigeminal neuralgia
- Cyclical vomiting syndrome
- Abdominal migraine
- Benign paroxysmal vertigo
- Benign paroxysmal torticollis
- Hemicrania continua
- Paroxysmal hemicrania
- Cluster headache
- Short lasting unilateral neuralgiform headaches (SUNCT, SUNA)
- Primary cough headache
- Primary exercise headache