MyKid's Patient Portal: Medical Information at Your Fingertips
Access Your Child's Health Information Anytime, Anywhere
MyKid’s Patient Portal is an online tool offering many benefits for busy parents. During your child’s registration process, agree to receive an email invitation to establish your portal account and the rest is easy. Follow the email prompts and you’ll have access to:
- Health record summary
- Allergies record
- Health issues
- Past procedures
- Most imaging results
- Educational materials provided during visits
- Continuity of care document to share with providers
- Most lab results and pathology reports
- ECHO, EEG, and EKG reports
More Features Coming Soon:
- Track your child's prescriptions and request prescription refills.
- View and manage your child's medical appointments and request new appointments.
The MyKid’s Patient Portal offers a secure messaging platform to communicate with your physician’s office for questions and general information. The portal is also accessible on the FIT4KIDS mobile application.
CareNotify and MyKid’s Patient Portal are both available on the FIT4KIDSCARE mobile application.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is MyKids Patient Portal?
Similar to online banking or other websites people use every day, MyKids Patient Portal is simply an online tool that allows you to check your child’s hospital test results, access to portions of his or her hospital medical records and view/pay hospital bill, 24 hours a day, seven days a week, when it’s convenient for you.
Where does my health information come from?
All of your child's information is pulled directly from your electronic health record. You will see information from your visits to all Nicklaus Children’s Hospital locations. It does not contain information from any visits to independent physicians’ offices outside of our organization, even if they are physicians who work with Nicklaus Children’s Hospital.
How do I create a MyKids account?
How much does MyKids cost?
MyKids Patient portal is free to use.
How does enrollment work?
Enrolling in MyKids Patient Portal is quick and easy. Follow these steps:
- Upon registration at Nicklaus Children’s Hospital or one of its locations you will be asked to provide your email address .
- An invitation link will be sent to your email to gain access to the MyKids Patient Portal.
- Follow the registration link. The sign-up page has step by step instructions for you to complete.
- Choose a username and password to create an account. Please don’t share this information with anyone.
- Then you’re done. Welcome to MyKids Patient Portal! You’re now able to check your test results, access your medical records and send messages – any time you want, 24/7. Certain restrictions apply.
Can I have a single MyKids account for multiple children?
Yes! A parent with one account can be linked to multiple children.
How do I use MyKids Patient Portal?
The MyKids patient portal is designed to be easy to use and intuitive. If you have questions or concerns about how to find information, please feel free to call us at 1-800-324-8163. We are here 24/7!
How do I view medical records documents?
Follow these steps to view or obtain copies of medical records:
- Launch the MyKids Patient Portal app.
- Click the “Clinical Record” section. Here, you can choose to view different categories of information.
- The "Health Record Summary" contains information about your child’s medications, allergies, immunizations, health issues, and past procedures.
- The "Documents" section contains summaries of clinic and hospital visits, as well as any educational materials that were provided as part of your childs’ visit. You must have a PDF reader to view or download a document.
- The "Labs" section will have most of your child's lab test results. Test results for sensitive information will not be available in MyKids patient portal.
- The "Copy of Record" section allows you to view or download a "Continuity of Care Document" (CCD).
Test results are usually released to MyKids Patient Portal within three (3) days. Certain restrictions apply.
For medical records that are not included on your MyKids portal and for which you need a copy, please complete the consent for record request. You may contact the office of Health Information Management (HIM) at 1-800-432-6837 for assistance in obtaining medical records.
Is my medical information safe in the Patient Portal?
Absolutely. MyKids Patient Portal uses the latest security measures to ensure that details about your child's health stays between you, the hospital and your care team.
What is Cerner Health?
Cerner Health is a product of Cerner Corporation. Cerner is a worldwide leader in creating system solutions for medical providers that help them deliver better, more efficient care. It is the company that designed MyKids Patient Portal. The login ID that you create when registering for the portal is sometimes referred to as a Cerner Health account.
What if I have questions about the portal?
Cerner provides support for questions about the portal, accounts or medical records. For help, call 1-800-621-8014.
I forgot my password, what should I do?
You may click the “Forgot Password” link on the Sign In page to reset your password online. You may also contact Cerner’s Consumer Care 1-800-324-8163.
Can you send me a new invitation as I have lost it, let it expire, or did not receive it?
My doctor’s office has something similar called NextGen. Do I have to sign-up for MyKids Patient Portal if I use the one in my doctor’s office?
Yes. The “patient portal” system used by your doctor’s office and MyKids Patient Portal are separate and distinct systems that do not at this time “talk” to one another. MyKids Patient Portal can only assist you with health information related to your child's doctor visits, pediatric or urgent care services.
What is a “Continuity of Care Document”?
This is an electronic document exchange standard for sharing patient summary information. It includes pertinent information about current and past health status in a form that can be shared by all computer applications. A CCD provides a snapshot in time of specific medical information that can be exported to another medical record system.
Why don’t I see medications that I previously took or allergies that I used to have?
"Medications and Allergies" only show currently active information. They do not display past medications or allergies. At every visit, be sure to tell your provider about any changes in the medications you are taking so that the MyKids Patient Portal will have the most up-to-date information.
What if my medical information is incorrect?
If you have any questions about the medical information you see in the patient portal, please call or send a message to the Nicklaus Children’s Hospital Health Information Management Department with a “Request to Amend a Medical Record”. You can reach then by calling 305-669-6412 and select option #4.
What is a Personal Heath Record (PHR)?
A Personal Health Record (PHR) gives you the ability to document, store, and manage your child's personal health-related information and records from any number of healthcare organizations. It is not the same as the MyKids Patient Portal, which is a patient portal that displays information from Nicklaus Children’s Hospital electronic health record.
How can I access the PHR?
By using the "Account Settings" page, you can link to Cerner Health and access a PHR. This is entirely optional. Any information that you choose to store here is controlled only by you. Your healthcare providers will not see this information unless you print it out and share it with them. Your health information from the MyKids Patient Portal will not be automatically entered into the PHR.
When you are in the Cerner Health PHR, you can click the “Return to Nicklaus Children’s Hospital” link at any time to return to your portal record.
Do I need to use the Cerner Health PHR as part of the MyKids Patient Portal?
No, the MyKids Patient Portal is completely separate from the Cerner Health PHR. The PHR is available only if you choose to use it. There is no need to use the PHR in order to receive the benefits of the MyKids Patient Portal. Any information that you enter in the PHR will not be shared with your providers unless you print it out and share it with them.