Nicklaus Children's Hospital, part of Nicklaus Children's Health System, is Florida's pediatric care leader. The 309-bed pediatric specialty hospital and its network of pediatric outpatient centers offers comprehensive care for children of the region and beyond.
Our Community Outreach
Nicklaus Children’s Hospital contributes greatly to the well-being of Florida’s children and their families. Here’s how we make a difference in ways both BIG and small:
- Nicklaus Children’s is a leading provider of healthcare services for medically needy children, contributing from $16 to $20 million in uncompensated care annually.
- At Nicklaus Children’s, the next generation of pediatricians and pediatric subspecialists is already hard at work. The hospital is proud to be the largest provider of pediatric medical education inthe southeastern United States.
- The hospital offers primary care and a medical home to the Medicaid population through the Gladys M. and Frederick Stewart Pediatric Care Center, located on the hospital’s main campus.
- Dental services for underserved children and adolescents are offered at the Nicklaus Children’s Doral Outpatient Center. In addition, a Nicklaus mobile dental unit extends services to communities with little access to affordable dental care.
- Nicklaus Children’s offers primary care services for children at 74 public school campuses through a collaboration with The Children’s Trust, the Miami-Dade County Health Department and Miami-Dade County Public Schools. The school health initiative benefits from the hospital’s telehealth technology that facilitates consults between children at school and clinicians on the Nicklaus Children’s campus.
- Over the past 10 years, Nicklaus Children’s Hospital has provided care for children from every single county in Florida, offering innovative services that only a world-class children’s hospital makes possible.
- Each year, Nicklaus Children’s offers more than a thousand health and safety classes, support groups and community event sponsorships to benefit children and families, including specialty medical children’s camps to brighten the lives of youngsters with chronic illnesses.
- Through the Nicklaus Children’s Research Institute, the hospital contributes significantly to pediatric medical research, with approximately 300 research protocols underway with potential to advance future clinical offerings for children around the globe.
Awards, Highlights and Achievements