Cancer Center: Pediatric Oncology
Hope Thrives Here
The Cancer Center at Nicklaus Children's Hospital, formerly Miami Children's Hospital, is the region’s leading children's cancer center. It provides care for more pediatric cancer patients than any other facility in South Florida.
Multidisciplinary Specialty Programs
Conditions we Treat
Services of the Cancer Center include comprehensive diagnostic services and treatment for children with cancer, leukemia and blood disorders. Children with these conditions have special physical, emotional and psychological needs. They require the highest level of medical expertise and highly specialized medical treatment combined with very personalized support from their physicians and care staff. In short, they need Nicklaus Children's Hospital, formerly Miami Children's Hospital.
The Cancer Center features a Blood and Marrow Transplantion Program
, established in 1991. The program is accredited by the Foundation for the Accreditation of Cellular Therapies (FACT) for all aspects of bone marrow transplantation.
Every member of the children's cancer center care team at Nicklaus Children's is trained and experienced in supporting children during treatment for serious illnesses. Their skill and compassion can make all the difference for a child and family during a difficult time…renewing health and restoring hope.
Pediatric Cancer Awards and Recognitions
- Awarded approved cancer program status after an in-depth survey by the American College of Surgeons (ACS), Commission on Cancer
- Received national recognition and full member status in the Children Oncology Group, a national cooperative oncology research group
- Awarded a grant by the National Cancer Institute for pediatric cancer research
- Bone Marrow Transplant & Research Program improves long-term prognosis of children requiring this procedure. Since the program was founded in 1991, we have performed over 150 transplants (allogenic and autologous)
- Treats more patients than any other facility in South Florida.
Dr. Enrique Escalón talks about pediatric advancements and research at the Nicklaus Children's Hospital Cancer Center.
For more information or to schedule an appointment, please call (786) 624-2778 or toll free 1-888-624-2778.
3100 SW 62nd Avenue