Wednesday, September 12th and Thursday, September 13th
Susan Wade will guide the participants through the pediatric nursing certification exam review and preparation process and will provide practical tips for studying and test taking success. This course includes test taking strategies for success and a thorough pediatric nursing content review. The course is based on the book “Pediatric Nursing Certification Review” 4th Edition (2018) co-authored by Louise Jakubik and the exam content outlines for CPN published by the Pediatric Nursing Certification Board (PNCB) and the Pediatric Nurse Exam (RN-BC) published by the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC).
- Identify content for targeted pediatric nursing certification exam review and studying.
- Identify resources for use in preparing for taking a pediatric nursing certification exam.
- Utilize strategies to promote pediatric nursing certification exam success.
- Verbalize increased confidence in ability to pass a pediatric nursing certification exam.
- Recall information that will enhance individual nursing practice.
Nurses working in a pediatric care setting preparing to take the Certified Pediatric Nurse examination and interested health providers.
- Exam and Test Taking Overview
- Developmental Care and Anticipatory
- Immunizations/Infectious Diseases/Immune
- Hematologic Conditions
- Oncologic Conditions
- Renal and Genitourinary Conditions/Fluid
and Electrolyte Balance
- Dermatologic Conditions
- Respiratory Conditions
- Gastrointestinal Conditions
- Neurologic Conditions
- Cardiovascular Conditions
- Musculoskeletal Conditions
- Endocrine/Metabolic Conditions
- Behavioral/Mental Health Conditions
|NCHS / Nicklaus Children’s Employees*
|Group of 4 or more from same organization
Registration fees due by August 27th, 2018
* Nicklaus Children's Hospital Employees please register through myles
Payments by check:
Check Payable to:
Nicklaus Children’s Hospital
Send Payment to:
Nicklaus Children’s Hospital
Attn: Jenny Cordo
Nursing Excellence & Magnet Program Manager
3100 SW 62 AVE
Miami, FL 33155
Nearby Accomodations - Hotel Info:
The below website address provides several accommodation options near the hospital:
Contact Jennifer Cordo, Magnet Program Manager, via e-mail Jennifer.Cordo@NicklausHealth.org
or please call 786-624-2772.
About the Instructors
Susan Wade is dedicated to preparing pediatric critical care nurses to sit for the Pediatric CPN Exam. She is an expert in pediatric and pediatric critical care nursing, speaker, and author. Susan has dedicated most of her nursing career to pediatric and pediatric critical care nursing. She maintains an active clinical practice as a Pediatric Clinical Nurse Specialist. She is an authority on the Certified Pediatric Nurse and Pediatric CCRN Exam and review process. Susan presents 2-day review courses onsite at hospitals and at regional review courses across the country.
Dr. Louise Jakubik has helped thousands of nurses become certified as pediatric nurses. She is a pediatric nursing expert, speaker, and author. Her publications include the first book ever designed to prepare pediatric nurses for the pediatric nursing certification exam, entitled “Pediatric Nursing Certification Review.” She is a national speaker and a leading authority on the pediatric nursing certification review process. Over one thousand nurses each year attend her 2-day Pediatric Nursing Certification Review Course.
About Contact Hours:
For Nurses Outside of Florida and California: Nurse Builders is an approved provider of continuing nursing education by the Pennsylvania State Nurses Association, an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
Contact Hours: 13
For Florida and California Nurses: Nurse Builders is a provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing (provider #15118) and the Florida Board of Nursing (provider #50-9679).