The Maria Lina “Bing” Wood Nursing Scholarship and Education Fund was established in honor of Dr. Maria Lina “Bing” Wood, a Nicklaus Children‘s nurse who embodied a passion for the advancement of nursing education, quality patient care and a culture of safety. Dr. Wood’s professionalism, dedication and commitment to life-long learning made her a role model for nurses everywhere.
The fund supports the Dr. Maria Lina “Bing” Wood Memorial Scholarship Award that promotes advanced education within the nursing profession.
The scholarship is awarded to current benefit-eligible employees who are enrolled in an accredited nursing program. Candidates must:
- Work in a clinical support role or within the nursing department, and be in good standing.
- Maintain employee benefit status, whether full-time or part-time status.
- Hold a current Florida nursing license.
- Have proof of being enrolled in an approved accredited nursing program.
- Obtain digital copies of the required documentation.
- Letter of acceptance into the nursing program.
- Two letters of reference.
- Current CV or resume.
- Complete an essay with a minimum of 500 words describing your influence and contributions to the strategic priorities of your unit, department or hospital/system.
- Submit your application and all files using the online submission.
The recipient of the award will receive $1,000 toward his or her educational goals.
The deadline for application submission is April 1, 2019.