The Nursing Department at Nicklaus Children's Hospital supports, engages and empowers nurses to initiate Evidence Based Practice (EBP) process improvements and nursing research throughout the organization. Nurses across all levels are continuously encouraged to explore the most current and best practices and generate new knowledge when an identified need arises. Integration of evidence based best practices and nursing research into clinical and operational processes aligns to the Nursing Department’s commitment to provide the high quality care associated with positive patient outcomes.
for information on the Humpy Dumpty Falls Prevention Program study.
- Nieves, J. A., Uzark, K., Rudd, N. A., Strawn, J., Schmelzer, A., & Dobrolet, N. (2017). Interstage Home Monitoring After Newborn First-Stage Palliation for Hypoplastic Left Heart Syndrome: Family Education Strategies. Critical Care Nurse, 37(2), 72-88. doi:10.4037/ccn2017763
- Cordo, J., & Hill-Rodriguez, D. (2017). The Evolution of a Nursing Professional Practice Model Through Leadership Support of Clinical Nurse Engagement, Empowerment, and Shared Decision Making. Nurse Leader, 15(5), 325-330. doi:10.1016/j.mnl.2017.07.009
- Gonzalez, J. (In press). Chapter 30: Role of the Nurse Manager. Chapter in P Yoder-Wise Leading and Managing in Nursing. Elsevier-Mosby, Inc, St. Louis, MO.
- Dr. Ramos, Shakeva Swain, Samantha Troncoso and Malvina Duncan The Trauma Team's manuscript "Consequences of Under-Estimating Impalement Bicycle Handle Bar Injuries in Children" accepted for publication in Journal of Trauma Nursing, 2016.
- Padron, W. Concepts for nursing practice. In J. F. Giddens (Ed.), Caregiving (pp. 488-496). St. Louis, Missouri: Elsevier, 2016.
- Dr. Jackie Gonzalez, DNP, ARNP, MBA, NEA-BC, FAAN, Deborah Hill-Rodriguez, MSN, ARNP, PCNS-BC , Dr. Laura M. Hernandez, DNP, ARNP, CPN, FNP-C, Dr. Jessica R. Williams, PhD, MPH, APHN-BC, and Jennifer A. Cordo, MSN, ARNP, NE-BC. The Nicklaus Children’s Hospital Humpty Dumpty Falls Prevention Program™: Preventing Falls in Children Across the Globe, published in Nurse Leader journal.
- Dr. Rosa Roche, PhD, ARNP, PPCNP-BC, AE-C, from Cystic Fibrosis and Asthma Center. Parent & Child Perceptions of Child Health after Sibling Death, published in the International Journal of Nursing & Clinical Practices.
- Gonzalez, J. (In press). Pediatric Disaster Preparedness and Response and the Nation's Children's Hospitals. American Journal of Disaster Medicine, May 2016.
- Gonzalez, J. (In press). From evidence to outcomes: Promoting pediatric falls prevention around the world. Journal of Nursing Administration, May 2016.
- Gonzalez, J., Cordo, J., Hill-Rodriguez, D., Hernandez, L. & Williams, J. (In press).The Nicklaus Children’s Hospital Humpty Dumpty Falls Prevention Program™ Preventing Falls in Children Across the Globe. Nurse Leader, 2016.
- Lyle, K.C. Milton J, Fagbuyi D, LeFort R, Sirbaugh P, Gonzalez J, Upperman JS, Carmack T, Anderson M. (2015). Pediatric disaster preparedness and response and the nation’s children’s hospitals. Am J Disaster Med. 2015;10(2):83-91.
- Gonzalez, J. (2015). Chapter 4: Role of the Nurse Manager. Chapter in P Yoder-Wise Leading and Managing in Nursing. Elsevier-Mosby, Inc, St. Louis, MO.
- Olen, M., Baysa, S., Rossi, A., Kamnter, R., & Fishberger, S. (2015). Wolff-Parkinson-White Syndrome: A stepwise deterioration to sudden death. Circulation. 2016;133:105-106. DOI: 10.1161/CIRCULATIONAHA.115.019703.