Dermatologic Treatments and Procedures
The division has consistently offered the most innovative treatments for a full range of children's dermatologic conditions.
- Acne surgery, acne glycolic acid peels
- Cosmetic Procedures: Botox, Restylane, Sculptra, Fraxel Laser
- Cryosurgery for the destruction of warts, actinic keratoses, seborrheic keratoses
- Curretage of molluscum contagiosum
- Electrodessication for the destruction of warts, irritated seborrheic keratoses, pyogenic granuloma
- Excision of acne scars, irritated cysts and nevus sebacei, localized epidermal nevi and skin cancers
- Excisions of atypical and irritated nevi and congenital nevi
- Intralesional corticosteroid treatment of acne cysts, alopecia areata, keloids
- Medical management with propranolol, oral/intralesional corticosteroids
- Patch testing for allergic contact dermatitis
- Phototherapy (UVB) for psoriasis, and severe eczema
- Skin punch and shave biopsies
- Smart Peel (micro demabrasion), blue light treatments
- Topical treatment with Aldara
An abscess is a bump just under the body’s skin that is filled with fluid known as puss. Abscess drainage is the medical procedure used to drain the fluid from an abscess.
Laser Surgery: Candela GentleLase (Alexandrite Laser for Recalcitrant Lesions)
Candela GentleLase is a form of laser therapy that can be used to treat a variety of skin and hair conditions. It can be used for everything from hair removal to freckles to wrinkles.
Laser Surgery: Candela Vbeam Perfecta
Candela Vbeam Perfecta is a form of laser therapy that can be used to treat a variety of skin conditions. It was primarily developed for the treatment of port wine stains but can also be used for everything from acne scars to facial and spider veins, scars, warts, rosacea and more.
Laser Surgery: FRAXEL
FRAXEL is a form of laser therapy that can be used to treat a variety of skin conditions. It can be used to treat everything from scars to poor skin texture, sun damage and wrinkles.
Pulsed Dye Laser
Pulsed dye laser is a laser where the laser beam passes through a dye in order to target blood vessels and treat capillary malformation and other vascular lesions.
Sclerotherapy is a medical treatment for varicose veins or spider veins, which are visible, bulging and often aching veins frequently found in the legs.