Dermatologic Treatments and Procedures
The division has consistently offered the most innovative treatments for a full range of children's dermatologic conditions.
- Acne surgery, acne glycolic acid peels
- Cosmetic Procedures: Botox, Restylane, Sculptra, Fraxel Laser
- Cryosurgery for the destruction of warts, actinic keratoses, seborrheic keratoses
- Curretage of molluscum contagiosum
- Electrodessication for the destruction of warts, irritated seborrheic keratoses, pyogenic granuloma
- Excision of acne scars, irritated cysts and nevus sebacei, localized epidermal nevi and skin cancers
- Excisions of atypical and irritated nevi and congenital nevi
- Incision and drainage of abcesses
- Intralesional corticosteroid treatment of acne cysts, alopecia areata, keloids
- Medical management with propranolol, oral/intralesional corticosteroids
- Patch testing for allergic contact dermatitis
- Phototherapy (UVB) for psoriasis, and severe eczema
- Skin punch and shave biopsies
- Smart Peel (micro demabrasion), blue light treatments
- Topical treatment with Aldara
An abscess is a bump just under the body’s skin that is filled with fluid known as puss. Abscess drainage is the medical procedure used to drain the fluid from an abscess.
Laser Surgery: Candela GentleLase (Alexandrite Laser for Recalcitrant Lesions)
Candela GentleLase is a form of laser therapy that can be used to treat a variety of skin and hair conditions. It can be used for hair removal, freckles, and wrinkles.
Laser Surgery: Candela Vbeam Perfecta
Candela Vbeam Perfecta is a form of laser therapy that can be used to treat a variety of skin conditions.
Laser Surgery: FRAXEL
FRAXEL is a form of laser therapy that can be used to treat a variety of skin conditions. It can be used to treat scars to poor skin texture, sun damage and wrinkles.
Pulsed Dye Laser
Pulsed dye laser is a laser where the laser beam passes through a dye in order to target blood vessels and treat capillary malformation and other vascular lesions.
Sclerotherapy is a medical treatment for varicose veins or spider veins, which are visible, bulging and often aching veins frequently found in the legs.