Published on: 06/05/2012
MIAMI – Ten Miami Children’s Hospital (MCH) pediatric specialty services are among the best in the nation, according to U.S.News & World Report’s 2012-13 “America’s Best Children’s Hospitals” rankings, which were posted online June 5. Miami Children’s is the only hospital in Florida to have programs ranked in all 10 pediatric subspecialty categories evaluated by the publication. Program rankings are as follows:
“At Miami Children’s Hospital, we are honored to be a regional leader in advancing pediatric medical care excellence,” said M. Narendra Kini, MD, MHA, President and CEO of Miami Children’s Hospital. “I applaud our physicians, nurses and staff for once again earning recognition from U.S.News & World Report. We look ahead with great purpose to continued leadership in bringing the best possible care to the children of Florida and beyond.”
Now in its sixth year, “Best Children’s Hospitals” pulls together clinical and operational data from a lengthy survey. This year, U.S. News surveyed 178 pediatric centers to obtain hard data such as availability of key resources and ability to prevent complications and infections. The hospital survey comprised 75 percent of the rankings. A separate reputational survey in which 1,500 pediatric specialists -- 150 in each specialty -- were asked where they would send the sickest children in their specialty made up the remaining 25 percent.
For the full rankings and methodology, visit www.usnews.com/childrenshospitals
About Miami Children’s Hospital
Founded in 1950 by Variety Clubs International, Miami Children's Hospital® is South Florida’s only licensed specialty hospital exclusively for children, with more than 650 attending physicians and over 130 pediatric sub-specialists. The 289-bed hospital is renowned for excellence in all aspects of pediatric medicine with several specialty programs ranked among the best in the nation in 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, and 2012 by U.S. News & World Report. The hospital is also home to the largest pediatric teaching program in the southeastern United States and has been designated an American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) Magnet facility, the nursing profession’s most prestigious institutional honor.