The Child Life department at Nicklaus Children’s Hospital is involved in a variety of programs within the community.
Community Field Trips
Community Field Trips are pre-arranged tours conducted by the child life department for students in kindergarten through the sixth grade. This community service is designed to normalize and increase awareness of the hospital environment.
Helpful Tips and Information
- Arrange your own transportation
- Limit group size to 15 - 20 students
- Every child should wear a name tag
- A Child life specialist will welcome your students in the front lobby
Field Trip Goals and Objectives
- To enhance existing curricula/thematic unit
- To increase awareness of the hospital experience
- To increase understanding of medical equipment and supplies
- To increase awareness of body parts/anatomy systems
- To increase awareness of professions, job duties, and responsibilities within a hospital setting
- To promote the importance of team work
- Medical Play Session
- Specific departmental tours and orientation to role and job duties
- Opportunities for multi-sensory educational activities
Child Life Career Day
Please email the child life department to coordinate a career day.