The Division of Otolaryngology at Nicklaus Children's Hospital, provides far more than routine health care for children with minor ear, nose and throat (ENT) problems. The physicians of the Otolaryngology division perform comprehensive services in a wide range of areas.
Ear, nose, throat, head and neck problems are a common occurrence in children of all ages. Besides the treatment of various disorders, the Division of Otolaryngology provides ongoing medical supervision, education and support that continues even after treatment. Medical and surgical interventions are available when necessary.
Our highly-skilled and experienced surgeons not only treat the typical or recurring pediatric otolaryngology problems, they also evaluate and treat facial trauma, provide assistance in overcoming the numerous otolaryngologic manifestations of cystic fibrosis, evaluate and treat head and neck tumors and evaluate and treat complex airway problems.
Why Choose Nicklaus Children's?
You want the best and most experienced team when your child requires medical care or surgery. Here’s why you should choose Nicklaus Children’s:
We are the number one center in South Florida for surgery to remove adenoids (adenoidectomy) and tonsils (tonsillectomy).
*Agency for Health Care Administration (AHCA) data Q1-Q3 2017; this data has been annualized for analysis purposes. **As defined by the total number of surgeries performed at Nicklaus Children’s Hospital in 2017.
- We have four of the Top 10 pediatric otolaryngology/ENT surgeons in South Florida.*
- Our team performed 52% of all the pediatric (0-21 years of age) adenoidectomy and tonsillectomy surgeries in South Florida (Broward, Collier, Lee, Miami-Dade, Monroe and Palm Beach counties) last year.*
- Adenoidectomies and tonsillectomies comprise 54% of all the otolaryngology/ENT surgeries conducted at a Nicklaus Children’s facility.**
Treatments and Procedures
Conditions We Treat
We also offer treatment for the following:
- Benign and Malignant Head and Neck Tumors
- Craniofacial Otolaryngology
- Speech and Voice Evaluation
- Cochlear Implants
- Disorders of the Facial Nerve and Skull Base Surgery