RN Program Applicant
Requirements to Get Started
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing Program (BSN) from an accredited school completed or enrolled in last semester
- RN license in the state of Florida
- CPR Certified
- Social Security Number
- Provide a consistent four-month MINIMUM COMMITMENT with the assigned weekly shift
- Commit to at least a an EIGHT-HOUR weekly volunteer shift (6:30am-2:30pm or 2:30am-10:30pm)
- Willing to purchase a volunteer uniform
Complete the application form (page2)
and email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
After your application has been received, you will be
e-mailed a Volunteer Orientation invitation to begin the process. If you have any questions, contact the Volunteer Resources Department at 305-662-8225.
Fax Number 305-662-8356
Orientation and trainings:
Orientation attendance is required and provided by the Volunteer Resources Department.
Verification of Hours:
- The Volunteer Orientation takes approximately two hours.
- The Patient Care Workshop training is provided online (approximately a two-hour course).
- Additional RN program training is required and provided by your assigned unit.
Volunteer hours will be verified and signed off once the minimum commitment has been met. Volunteers are eligible for priority consideration for RN staff positions, once successfully evaluated and completed the minimum commitment requirement.
After attending a Volunteer Orientation you will be scheduled to have an interview. The purpose of the interview is to help us and you become acquainted and decide if you will join our volunteer program, as well as determine volunteer placement and schedule options.
Further details on the volunteer program, policies and rules will be provided at the Volunteer Orientation.