Nicklaus Children’s Hospital takes pride on investing time to develop the nursing profession and continuing education for all nurses and future nurses. Nicklaus Children’s Hospital recognizes the importance pf providing clinical opportunities to ensure nursing excellence and the delivery of safe quality care.
Nursing Student Orientation
We would like to take this opportunity to commend you for taking on this great journey as a future nurse and choosing Nicklaus Children’s Hospital for your clinical rotation and practicum experience. During your time at Nicklaus Children’s Hospital, you will gain a valuable and worthwhile experience with our nursing staff. We value your dedication to the nursing profession and wish you the best while you are on campus and in your journey as a future nurse.
Before you Begin
You must be approved to do your clinical rotation or practicum at Nicklaus Children’s Hospital by your college or university. Clinical rotations and practicum are approved only if they are done as part of your nursing program.
Start of Approval Process:
Please review the manual below and submit the completed assessment to your clinical instructor or clinical placement coordinator prior to starting your rotation. The approval process takes 10 business days to complete. Your school will submit all the required documents on your behalf to start the approval process.
- Nursing Student Manual
- Nursing Student Assessment
After Approval is Confirmed:
- You must ensure to always clock in and out when doing your clinical hours.
- Wear your school student ID at all times.
- Wear clean school approved uniform.
- Follow all the Nicklaus Children’s Hospital policies outlines in the Student Manual.
- Review Nursing Student Expectations Guidelines with your clinical instructors on your first day of clinicals.