Nicklaus Children's Hospital hosts over 2000 students annually for academic-credit programs, allowing the students to gain hands on experience as part of their school’s curriculum.
Thank you for your interest in joining Nicklaus Children's Hospital as student. Whether you are joining as an intern, extern, or rotation student, you’ll find Nicklaus Children's Hospital to be a rewarding place to receive hands on experience.
This page is for all students enrolled and majoring in patient contact fields of study. These include but are not limited to:
- Radiology Technologies
- Respiratory Therapy
- Social Work
- Physical, Occupational and Speech-Language Pathology.
Please keep in mind that due to the size of our patient population and staff, the processing of placements may take 4 to 6 weeks.
All students requesting to rotate at Nicklaus Children's Hospital must be enrolled in a credit program with an affiliated institution (see our affiliated institutions).
What are the requirements for an Allied Health Rotation at Nicklaus Children's Hospital?
Students will be required to meet the following criteria:
- Background check
- Cleared drug test
- Must currently be in good health
- Current CPR card (required for most clinical/allied health students. If your CPR certification is due to expire during your rotation, you must renew it to have a viable certification)
- Current PPD check or Chest X-Ray
- Vaccination records (including Covid-19)
- Receive a flu vaccine if attending during Dec. 1st – April 1st. (Only medical exemptions will be considered if the Flu vaccine medical exemption form is completed by a certified medical professional)
- Once approved by your school, the school representative must request placement by contacting our Education Program/ Internship Specialist at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Your school program coordinator will provide you with all required forms and information to rotate at Nicklaus Children's Hospital.
Nicklaus Children's Hospital and Health System employees are not able to do their rotations in the same department/center they currently work or during scheduled work hours. They must also follow all student requirements.