may be available for certain appointments depending on the nature of the condition, or reason for the visit.
Request an Appointment
Or call 1-888-624-2778
for more information.
The Division of Ophthalmology at Nicklaus Children's Hospital offers a full range of ophthalmic and optical services for children and young adults to the age of 21 years as well as adult strabismus (deviation of the eyes).
Treatments and Procedures
Conditions We Treat
In addition, the care team provides treatment for a full range of pediatric ophthalmic conditions, including:
- Evaluation for vision problems (refractive errors)
- Medical and surgical problems of infantile and childhood strabismus
- Nasolacrimal duct obstructions
- Ptosis (droopiness of the lids)
- Retinopathy of prematurity
- Severe facial injuries
Specialized services include:
- Ultrasonography of the eye
- Visual field testing in kinetic and static modalities
- Fundus photography
- Surgical interventions when indicated
- Provision of special lenses to support children with eye anomalies