ACL Injury Prevention Program
The Nicklaus Children’s Hospital ACL Injury Prevention Program is designed to identify and correct for biomechanical movement errors that result in an increased risk of an ACL injury. Our program has the potential to decrease the risk of an ACL injury by 50-70%.
How do ACL Injuries hapen?
In the United States there are a reported 250,000 anterior cruciate ligament tears annually. Athletes involved in sports requiring cutting, pivoting and jumping are at the highest risk. Female athletes are of significant concern as they have 4-6 times higher risk than male athletes.
Consequences of an ACL tear
- Surgical reconstruction resulting in 6-10 months of rehabilitation and time off from sports.
- 50% risk or arthritis 10 years after surgical reconstruction
- 25% chance of suffering a second ACL injury
Conditions we Treat
- ACL Injury
- Other knee ligament injuries (PCL, MCL, LCL)
- Meniscal tear
ACL Prevention Screening
With ACL prevention screening a biomechanical motion analysis test is performed to identify level of risk for an ACL or other lower extremity injury
- Team ACL Screening: Includes a 15-minute video analysis with individual injury risk profile, provided at school or club. ($40 per athlete)
- Individual ACL Screening: Includes a comprehensive 45-minute video analysis with individual results summary and training recommendation package. Provided at Nicklaus Children's Outpatient Centers. ($130 per individual)
ACL Return to Sports Testing
Return to Sports Testing is ideal for athletes who have suffered an ACL injury preparing to return to activiely participate in sports.
- The test includes a comprehensive biomechanical motion analysis evaluation of return to sport readiness after ACL injury. Return to Sports testing is designed to identify the risk of re-injury, strength, power and symmetry. Prescription is required for this service, insurance benefits may be available.
ACL Injury Prevention and Return to Sport Training
A training program designed to correct biomechanical risk factors of an ACL injury, improve strength, power, and agility. ACL Injury Prevention training has the potential to reduce the risk of an ACL injury by 50-70%. Ideal for teams and individual athletes
Team/Group ACL Injury Prevention Training
60-minute training sessions. Provided at school or club (minimum of six athletes and maximum of 25 per training group)
- 4 session program: $120 / per athlete
- 8 session program: $160 / per athlete
- 12 session program: $240 /per athelete
Individual ACL Injury Prevention Training
30 and 60-minute training sessions available for individual athletes. Provided at select Nicklaus Children’s Outpatient Centers.
- 60-min sessions: $70
- 30-min sessions: $35