Athletic Motion Analysis Screening
With ACL prevention screening a biomechanical motion analysis test is performed to identify level of risk for an ACL injury or other lower extremity injury.
Team ACL Screening
- $40 per athlete
- Includes a 15-minute video analysis with individual injury risk profile, provided at school or club.
Individual ACL Screening
- $130 per individual
- Includes a comprehensive 45-minute video analysis with individual results summary and training recommendation package. Provided at Nicklaus Children's Outpatient Centers.
What are ACL Injuries?
In the United States there are a reported 250,000 anterior cruciate ligament tears annually. Athletes involved in sports requiring cutting, pivoting and jumping are at the highest risk. Female athletes are of significant concern as they have 4-6 times higher risk than male athletes.
Consequences of an ACL tear
- Surgical reconstruction resulting in 6-10 months of rehabilitation and time off from sports.
- 50% risk or arthritis 10 years after surgical reconstruction
- 25% chance of suffering a second ACL injury
About the ACL Injury Prevention Program
The Nicklaus Children’s Hospital ACL Injury Prevention Program is designed to identify and correct for biomechanical movement errors that result in an increased risk of an ACL injury. Our program has the potential to decrease the risk of an ACL injury by 50-70%.