The Department of Radiology at Nicklaus Children's Hospital is an exclusive pediatric radiology facility. We have been imaging children since 1950; constantly providing state-of-the art equipment and staff that is trained and dedicated to the care of infants and children. The department is staffed by specialists in all radiology fields. These experts work together with clinical sub-specialists and attending physicians to support the care of children.
The department's commitment to excellence has led to its establishment as a regional leader for pediatric radiology, serving children throughout Florida as well as the Caribbean, Central America and South America.
Nicklaus Children's Radiology Department is proud to be accredited by the American College of Radiology (ACR) for Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI), Ultrasound (US), Nuclear Medicine, PET and Computed Tomography (CT) services. Compliance with all requirements and receipt of accreditation is an outstanding achievement and speaks well of the dedication, skill and determination of the Pediatric Radiology Department.
Our children's imaging center performed in excess of 140,000 cases last year.
We offer the following Pediatric Radiology services:
Interventional pediatric radiology services
- Biopsy, Imaging Guided
- Soft Tissue Lesions
- Botox Injection Salivary Glands – Ultrasound Guided
- Fine needle aspirations / Biopsies
- GJ Tube Placement / Exchange
- Microwave Ablation of Tumors
- Bone Tumors - Osteoid Osteoma
- Paracentesis – Ultrasound Guided Tunnel Catheter Placement for recurring ascites
- Percutaneous Nephrostomy
- Thoracostomy / Peritoneal catheter placement for palliative care
- Diagnostic Neurointerventional Radiology Procedures
- Diagnostic Angiography
- Lumbar puncture – Ultrasound or Fluoroscopy guidance
- Biopsy of Soft Tissue Lesions
- Ganglion Cyst Aspiration
- Joint Injections / Aspirations
- Sclerotherapy / Embolization of Vascular malformations
Fast, High-Quality Results to Support Care
At Nicklaus Children's Hospital, all radiological images are acquired, stored and distributed digitally. The department has integrated systems that make it possible for physicians to access images through a secure website; ensuring that results are available to referring doctors with optimal efficiency to support medical care.