Nuerosugery Procedures and Treatments
The Division of Neurosurgery offers state of the art surgical management of disorders of the nervous system including:
- Minimally invasive removal of brain tumors
- MRI guided laser ablation surgery (Visualase)
- Surgical treatment of Epilepsy
- Inflammatory/Infectious processes of the brain and spine (e.g. brain abscess)
- Peripheral nerve surgery (e.g. brachial plexus repair)
- Surgical treatment of Spasticity (selective dorsal rhizotomy/baclofen pumps)
- Surgical treatment of vascular malformations of the brain and spinal cord
"The surgical team is pushing forward the frontiers of pediatric neurosurgery through its active clinical and translational research programs to develop novel treatment approaches for pediatric brain tumors and head trauma and new non-invasive surgical approaches for the treatment of epilepsy.
In addition, the team has clinical expertise using:
- Minimally invasive endoscopic techniques
- Frameless stereotactic guidance
- Intraoperative mapping to preserve normal brain function
Next-Generation Neurosurgical Suite
Neurosurgeries are conducted in a state-of-the-art neurosurgical suite equipped with advanced neuronavigation systems. This leading-edge suite provides enhanced efficiency and safety for neurosurgical services and offers a venue for expanded neurosurgical procedures, including functional surgery for epilepsy and movement disorders, and a platform for advanced neuroimaging research.
Meet our July Patient of the Month, Lacy. Lacy was only 2 years old when her parents noticed that something was wrong. They took her to various doctors to try to find what could be the cause, Lacy had an 8 cm. tumor in her brain, occupying most of the lower part of her head.
20295 NE 29th Place
10383 Hagen Ranch Rd.
3100 SW 62nd Avenue
11310 Legacy Avenue
Palm Beach Gardens,
13400 SW 120th Street