Published on: 04/25/2017
Judge Federico A. Moreno, United States District Judge for the Southern District of Florida, has been appointed to the board directors of Nicklaus Children’s Hospital, flagship of Miami Children’s Health System. Judge Moreno joins the 18-member panel, which provides oversight and guidance to the 289-bed freestanding pediatric specialty hospital and its network of 10 outpatient centers extending from southern Miami-Dade County to Palm Beach Gardens.
Judge Moreno received his juris doctor degree from the University of Miami. He has served in his present role as U.S. District judge since 1990 and as Chief Judge for the Southern District from 2007 to 2014.
In addition, the hospital reappointed five board members to serve for additional three-year terms. Those reappointed include:
- Board Chair Alex Soto, former CEO of Insource, Inc., now retired
- Jay Massirman, founder and managing director of Rivergate Companies
- Steven McKean, founder and CEO of Acceller, Inc.
- Joseph Nader. Regional director, senior wealth advisor, Calamos Wealth Management
- Phillip Newcomm, MD, pediatrician with Physicians to Children
Michael Harrington, President and Chief Operating Officer, said, “Nicklaus Children’s Hospital is most fortunate to benefit from the time and expertise of so many outstanding community leaders. Their contributions to our success are immeasurable.”