Nicklaus Children’s Designated National Program Office for Victor Center for Prevention of Jewish Genetic Diseases

About Nicklaus Children’s Hospital

Founded in 1950 by Variety Clubs International, Nicklaus Children’s Hospital is South Florida’s only licensed specialty hospital exclusively for children, with nearly 800 attending physicians and more than 475 pediatric subspecialists. The 289-bed hospital – known as Miami Children’s Hospital from 1983 through 2014 – is renowned for excellence in all aspects of pediatric medicine, with many programs routinely ranked among the nation’s best by U.S. News & World Report. The hospital is also home to the largest pediatric teaching program in the southeastern United States and has been designated an American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) Magnet facility, the nursing profession’s most prestigious institutional honor. For more information, please visit

Read Previous Read Next

Related Press Releases

Nicklaus Children’s Dan Marino Outpatient Center Celebrates 20 Years of Service
03/16/2018 — The Nicklaus Children’s Dan Marino Outpatient Center, located in Weston, FL, is celebrating its 20th anniversary of serving children in the community.

Mario Murgado and Michael Fux Elected Officers of Nicklaus Children's Health System Board
01/29/2018 — Mario Murgado, President and Chief Executive Officer of Brickell Motors, has been re-elected chair of the board for Nicklaus Children’s Health System, parent organization of Nicklaus Children’s Hospital. Michael Fux, CEO of Comfort Revolution, a leading developer of high-end sleep products, was re-elected vice chair.

John M. Lie-Nielsen and Drew Kern Appointed to Nicklaus Children’s Hospital Board
01/16/2018 — Mr. John M. Lie-Nielsen and Mr. Drew Kern have been appointed to serve on the board of directors of Nicklaus Children’s Hospital, providing guidance to the 289-bed nonprofit pediatric specialty hospital and its network of outpatient centers. Both will provide leadership on the board’s Marketing and Hospitality Committee, with Mr. Lie-Nielsen serving as committee chair.