For families of children with congenital heart disease. Free education on important topics about supporting their child’s emotional, social, school, and medical success from infancy to adulthood.
Part of The Heart Program at Nicklaus Children's Hospital Medical Conference: "Evolution or Revolution? Disruptive Thinking, Technology and Innovation in Pediatric Heart Disease." This free event for families will include talks by cardiologists, surgeons, nurses, social workers, child life specialists, a transplant patient, and adult congenital patients.
Session 1: 9:00am - 10:30am
- Navigating the public/private school system
- CHD: Is it safe to exercise?
- Promoting self-esteem and resilience
Session 2: 11:00am - 12:30pm
- Preparing your child/teen for medical encounters
- Transitioning to the adult world an other helpful information
- The Heart Program's Transition Readiness Pathway
Lunch / Networking 12:30pm - 2pm
- Meet other heart parents, patients, and cardiologists from around the country.
Session 3: 2:00pm - 4:00pm
Cost: Free for familes
- How to talk to children about their CHD
- Developing a "Roadmap" of care
- Making a hand held model of your heart
- Stories from adult patients with HLHS, TOF & transplant
Families who wish to participate should email firstname.lastname@example.org
or call 786-624-4371.
In Loving Memory and Dedicated to Dr. Richard Zakheim.