Part of The Heart Program at Nicklaus Children's Hospital Medical Conference: "Evolution or Revolution? Disruptive Thinking, Technology and Innovation in Pediatric Heart Disease." This free event for families will include talks by cardiologists, surgeons, nurses, social workers, child life specialists, a transplant patient, and adult congenital patients.
Session 1: 9:00am - 10:30am
- Navigating the public/private school system
- CHD: Is it safe to exercise?
- Promoting self-esteem and resilience
Session 2: 11:00am - 12:30pm
- Preparing your child/teen for medical encounters
- Transitioning to the adult world an other helpful information
- The Heart Program's Transition Readiness Pathway
Lunch / Networking 12:30pm - 2pm
- Meet other heart parents, patients, and cardiologists from around the country.
Session 3: 2:00pm - 4:00pm
Cost: Free for familes
- How to talk to children about their CHD
- Developing a "Roadmap" of care
- Making a hand held model of your heart
- Stories from adult patients with HLHS, TOF & transplant
Families who wish to participate should email email@example.com
or call 786-624-4371.
In Loving Memory and Dedicated to Dr. Richard Zakheim.