Dance Medicine Program
The Nicklaus Children’s Hospital Dance Medicine Program is devoted to providing comprehensive medical and performance based care to dancers.
Our team consists of orthopedic surgeons, physical therapists and athletic trainers. We strive to improve and maintain the health and wellbeing of the dancer through evidence based injury prevention and performance enhancing screenings, evaluations and training.
Conditions We Treat
- Knee injuries
- Spondylolysis and spondylolisthesis
- Foot and ankle injuries
- Hip injuries
- Balance and movement impairments
Dance Injury Prevention Screening
A comprehensive biomechanical motion analysis and physical evaluation of a dancer’s risk of injury. Designed to identify areas needing improvement to reduce the risk of injury and enhance performance.
- Team/Studio Screening: Includes a 30-minute motion analysis and physical screening with individual injury risk profile. Screening provided at school or dance studio. $50.00 per dancer
- Individual Screening: Includes a 60-minute motion analysis and physical assessment with individualized results summary and training recommendation package, provided at select Nicklaus Children’s Outpatient Centers. $130.00 per dancer
Pointe Readiness Screening
A physical screening designed to determine if the dancer has adequate strength, balance and range of motion to safely begin pointe.
- Includes a 15-minute screening with personalized recommendations for pointe preparation. Screening provided at school, studio or at one of Nicklaus Children’s Outpatient Centers. $25.00 per dancer
Dance Injury Prevention Training
A training program designed to improve strength, range of motion, balance and neuromuscular control to enhance performance and reduce the risk of dance related injuries. Ideal for teams and individual athletes.
60-minute training sessions provided at a studio or school (minimum of six dancers and maximum of 25 per training group)
Group Training Packages
- 6-session package: $120 / per athlete
- 8-session package: $160 / per athlete
- 12-session package: $240 / per athlete
30 and 60-minute training sessions available, provided at one of Nicklaus Children’s Outpatient Centers.
- 30-minute sessions: $35 / each
- 60-minute sessions: $70 / each
Small Group Training
A 6-week program offered at the Pinecrest Sports Health Center.
- 6-sessions package: $90
- 12-session package: $145
Athletic Training Services
Licensed athletic trainers available for school year or event coverage. Proposal available upon request.