Patrick's Emergency Success Story


Read Previous Read Next

Related News

Baby J's Journey
08/12/2016 — Only a short week after been born, Baby J began to show signs of distress. A visit to the pediatric cardiologist revealed his heart was very sick. He was transferred to Nicklaus Children’s Hospital to await surgery for a crucial coarctation of the aorta.
Luna's Success Story
02/18/2016 — Luna was born full-term in June 2011, and her family had no idea what was in store. After just a few short hours, doctors realized she was not receiving enough oxygen in her blood and knew it was serious. To view her inspiring story and to donate visit mchf.org/luna.

Related Press Releases

Nicklaus Children’s Hospital Recognized for Excellence in Patient Care
12/28/2017 — Nicklaus Children’s has more inpatient units recognized with Beacon Awards than any other children’s hospital in the nation.

Patients Medically Evacuated from Puerto Rico to Nicklaus Children's Hospital After Hurricane Maria
10/02/2017 — A week after Hurricane Maria devastated the Island of Puerto Rico as a category five storm, three patients awaiting complex heart surgeries were evacuated for medical reasons from University Children's Hospital in San Juan, Puerto Rico to Nicklaus Children’s for critical care.

In the Local News

Special needs students run gift shop
11/28/2017 — The young men are special education students who run the gift shop with their classmates, all of whom have autism or an intellectual disability. Together, the students order merchandise, stock the shelves, serve customers and calculate profits.
Did Marijuana Really Cause an Infant's Death?
11/21/2017 —

For an 11-month-old boy in Denver, ingesting marijuana may have triggered a heart problem that ultimately led to his death, according to a recent report of the case.

If the report's hypothesis is true, the case would mark the first time a person has died from a marijuana overdose. But the findings are far from definitive — as a single case, the report cannot prove that marijuana exposure was actually the cause of the infant's death.