Adult Congenital Heart Defects
The Adult Congenital Heart Program at Nicklaus Children's Hospital, serves the ever-growing population of adults with congenital heart disease. Some of these patients with congenital heart defects were treated as children at Nicklaus Children's Hospital, formerly Miami Children's Hospital, and continue in the care of the program for ongoing assessment and management. Others come to us as new patients or as adults with congenital heart defects seeking ongoing care.
Adult Congenital Heart Defects Specialists and Services
The Adult Congenital Heart Program includes a comprehensive team, including cardiologists, cardiac imaging experts, cardiac interventionists, cardiac electrophysiology specialists, cardiac intensivists and cardiac surgeons. Social Work and in-patient Psychologist assistance is provided for support, career counseling and potential medical coverage concerns.
Cardiac Imaging Services
- Cardiac Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI)
- Fetal Echocardiography
- Computerized tomography
- Diagnostic and interventional, therapeutic cardiac catheterizations for correction or palliation of lesions
- Diagnosis and treatment of cardiac rhythm disturbances
- Pacemaker and Implanted Internal Defibrillator therapy
Nicklaus Children's Hospital, formerly Miami Children's Hospital
The Heart Program
Cardiology - - AMB Building 2nd Floor
3100 SW 62nd Avenue
Miami, Florida 33155
Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday
To learn more about Adult Congenital Heart Disease visit:
- www.achaheart.org — Website for adults with congenital heart disease association. Excellent resource for information, newsletter, maps to locate adult congenital programs throughout USA. Peer reviewed by physicians & nurses
- www.americanheart.org — Website of the American Heart Association. Diagrams, English & Spanish. Information for children & adults with congenital heart disease.
- www.pediatricheartsurgery.com — Web site for the Nicklaus Children's Hospital, formerly Miami Children's Hospital, Pediatric Cardiac Surgery program. Our program statistics, links to other sites.
- http://www.heartdiseaseandpregnancy.com/contributers.html — Website by Dr. Candice Silversides, a Cardiologist with extensive information on pregnancy and heart disease.
Dr. John Rhodes, Medical Director of The Adult Congenital Heart Program, speaks about the latest techniques being used for patients with Congenital Heart Defects.
For more information about The Heart Program at Nicklaus Children's Hospital or to make an appointment, please call 305-662-8301.