Global Health: International Patients
Global Health Offers Expert Care Coordination with a Comprehensive Team of Pediatric Care Experts
Nicklaus Children's Hospital, formerly Miami Children's Hospital, is one of the world’s leaders in pediatric healthcare. The hospital draws children from all over the world, and is the only medical facility in South Florida that is dedicated exclusively to children. Offering hope to parents whose children have seemingly insurmountable problems, we reach out to secure the health of children in our community and throughout the world.
Renowned internationally, the hospital is a premier pediatric provider with expertise in all aspects of pediatric medicine. Expert physicians representing more than 40 pediatric sub-specialties are located within the hospital’s main campus, where they collaborate to provide comprehensive medical care to serve children with the most complex health challenges. It’s no wonder that international dignitaries and heads of state choose Nicklaus Children's Hospital for their own children’s healthcare. We provide best of class, culturally-sensitive care at a world-class facility, emphasizing quality and competitive pricing.
To ensure optimal care and ease of access for international children and their families, the hospital’s Global Health Team offers coordinated, comprehensive service. Your child will be under the direct care of a dedicated physician who is available around-the-clock to coordinate your child’s care needs with other caregivers, including the referring physicians.
You will also benefit from the hospital’s Medical Concierge Service, which will facilitate every aspect of your child’s stay. The multilingual concierge staff offers expert care coordination that begins with the first contact and continues throughout the child’s stay, follow-up care and the transition back home. Our goal is to offer care and support that fulfills each family’s needs in a culturally sensitive manner.
Global Health Offers
- Access to physicians in virtually every pediatric sub-specialty in one location. These specialists are available on the Nicklaus Children's Hospital, formerly Miami Children's Hospital, campus to collaborate in your child’s care, as needed
- Around-the-clock access to our Global Health physician specialist, who will coordinate your child’s plan of care with all other medical specialists
- Assistance with visa/immigration needs
- Assistance for families in coordinating hotel accommodations at discounted rates to serve needs and individual preferences
- Coordinated scheduling of appointments to ensure the most efficient use of the patient and family’s time
- Financial estimates of hospital costs and financial/insurance counseling
- Language and translation services for you and your child by qualified interpreters, when necessary
- Transfer and review of medical records to determine plan of care to follow
- Transportation services for patients with critical conditions
- Virtual and telemedicine consulting with referring physicians to ensure continuity of care
- World Renowned Physicians
Why Choose Nicklaus Children's Hospital?
Whether your child needs a consultation, a second opinion, or such complex treatments as heart surgery, neonatal intensive care, or treatment for neurological disorders, the unsurpassed clinical expertise, research, and innovative treatments offered by Nicklaus Children's Hospital, formerly Miami Children's Hospital, are here for you. We bring an understanding of children’s physical and emotional needs that goes beyond any ordinary hospital. In order to truly recognize the wide array of pediatric services offered by Nicklaus Children's Hospital, formerly Miami Children's Hospital, you should visit our facility for yourself.
For more information call us today, we’ll be happy to give you a tour or send you more information.