Global Health: International Patients
A Global Destination for Parents Seeking Answers and Groundbreaking Treatments for Their Child
Conveniently located in Miami at the gateway to Latin America and the Caribbean, Nicklaus Children’s Hospital is internationally recognized for outstanding medical care, research and innovation, and welcomes patients from more than 80 countries around the globe every year. Nicklaus Children’s is South Florida’s only licensed specialty hospital exclusively for children, with more than 650 attending physicians and over 130 pediatric subspecialists. The 289-bed hospital is renowned for excellence in all aspects of pediatric medicine, with many subspecialty programs routinely ranked among the best in the nation.
If your child has unexplained symptoms that require complex, specialist surgery, or has a rare genetic condition requiring the latest, innovative procedures not yet available to you locally, then Nicklaus Children’s Hospital could provide the answers and hope you’re looking for.
Support for International Patients and Families
Our multilingual concierge staff offers expert care coordination that begins with the first contact and continues throughout your child’s stay, follow-up care and the transition back home, including coordination and follow-up with your local physician team.
- Access to physicians in virtually every pediatric sub-specialty in one location
- Around-the-clock access to a Global Health physician specialist who will help coordinate your child’s plan of care
- Transfer and review of medical records
- Critical care transport from LifeFlight® or other air ambulances
- Assistance for families in coordinating visa and immigration requirements, as well as travel and accommodation
- Health insurance verification and cost-of-care estimates
- Multilingual staff and interpreter services
- Specialist consults and follow-up care provided in your home country through our Telehealth Center
3 Reasons to Choose Nicklaus Children’s Hospital
- Board-certified physicians representing more than 40 pediatric sub-specialties are located within the hospital’s main campus, where they collaborate to provide comprehensive medical care to children with the most complex health challenges.
- Nicklaus Children’s Brain Institute, Heart Program, Cancer & Blood Disorders Center, and Orthopedic Surgery Center are internationally renowned Centers of Excellence, and many first-in-the-world procedures have been performed here.
- Nicklaus Children's Research Institute is the largest provider of clinical research services for children in the southeastern United States, and manages more than 200 clinical investigations and research studies across nearly 30 subspecialties with a focus on cardiology, cardiovascular surgery, oncology and neurology.
For more information call us today, we’ll be happy to give you a tour or send you more information.
Meet our October Patient of the Month, Mariana. Mariana was born with Crouzon syndrome, a genetic disorder that prevents the skull from growing normally. For Mariana, it also caused difficulties with her breathing, but unfortunately, in Venezuela, where Mariana was born, they did not have the resources to treat her condition.