Protect young athletes with a Pediatric EKG screening!
The leading cause of sudden death among young athletes is sudden cardiac death (SCD). Every three days in the U.S., a student athlete dies of SCD. Usually there are no advance signs or symptoms.
Nicklaus Children's Hospital, is reaching out to the region’s young athletes by offering free pediatric electrocardiograms (ECG or EKG) testing to middle and high school sports participants. Truly a gift to your family, a patient’s ability to receive a free EKG test is not conditioned on his or her ordering any other item or service from Nicklaus Children's Hospital, or its Medical Staff.
Some Facts about the Free EKG Program
**Based on data collected through June 14, 2017.
- The program was founded in 2011 by Dr. Anthony Rossi
- A total of 14,466 EKGs have been performed since the beginning of the program
- Of all the EKGs performed 627 have resulted in abnormal EKG readings
- 9 interventions have been performed due to abnormal readings
- 11 locations offer FREE EKG screenings
Locations that offer Free EKG Screenings