may be available for certain appointments depending on the nature of the condition, or reason for the visit.
Request an Appointment
Or call 1-888-624-2778
for more information.
The Prenatal Heart Program within the Nicklaus Children's Hospital Heart Institute is designed to address the needs of families whose pregnancies are at increased risk for congenital heart disease or for babies suspected of having heart disease diagnosed prenatally. Our goal is to provide a prompt diagnostic evaluation and improve the care of infants with congenital heart disease to provide the best possible care to your baby during and after birth.
The Prenatal Heart Program provides high-quality fetal echocardiograms to expectant families who have been referred for screening evaluations, or due to concern identified on prenatal ultrasounds. Additionally, the program offers second opinions to support our referring cardiologists and referring physicians. The program supports families through a team of cardiologists, nurse coordinators and specialists whose expertise will help guide families through the care journey. Our Prenatal Heart team will be with you and your baby through every step of the journey from prenatal planning, post-natal care, follow-up after birth and beyond.
A Prenatal Heart nurse coordinator is available to answer questions and assist with coordination of appointments and care between specialties such as Pediatric Cardiology, Cardiovascular Surgery, Genetics and Neonatology, as well as pediatricians and pediatric cardiologists within the community.
Prenatal Heart Program Services
- Expert evaluation and diagnosis of fetal heart defects or heart rhythm problems
- Explanation of and counseling about treatment options
- Collaborative planning for your baby’s delivery
Treatments and Procedures
A Team Approach to Care
The Prenatal Heart Program Team also includes:
- Pediatric Cardiovascular Surgeons
- Pediatric Interventional Cardiologists and Electrophysiologists
- Cardiac Intensivists within the Cardiac Intensive Care Unit
- Dedicated Heart Institute Social Workers
- Advanced Nurse Practitioners
- Advanced Fetal Sonographers
- Pediatric Cardiac MRI Specialists