Incision Care Instructions Discharge Instructions
- Wash incision daily with shampoo and water ( application of antibiotic ointment not necessary unless instructed by Neurosurgery team)
- You may scrub incision lightly to help prevent scab formation
- No beach/pool (1st month after surgery) or until cleared by Neurosurgery
- Avoid direct sunlight on incision ( May wear a cap or hat to go outside)
- Do not scratch incision.
Follow-up Office Visit
- You will be seen in Neurosurgery office approximately 10-14 days after leaving the hospital for symptom evaluation and suture removal, if sutures are not dissolvable
- Fever greater than 101.5°F oral or axillary
- Increased swelling, redness, or oozing from incision area
Questions or Concerns?
Call us @ 305-662-8386
This page was last updated on: November 10, 2020 01:43 PM