The music therapy department, consisting of board certified music therapists, strives to effectuate positive therapeutic changes in patients and families through the clinical and evidence-based implementation of music to achieve individualized goals.
- Decreases isolation/loneliness
- Promotes interpersonal interactions
- Provides relaxation and comfort measures
- Assists with Fears and anxiety during/before/after medical
- Provides distraction
- Introduces normalcy to the hospital environment
- Increases positive mood
- Provides outlet for emotional expression
- Offers opportunities for developmentally appropriate cognitive stimulation
- Offers families support
For more information on Music Therapy at Nicklaus Children's Hospital please call 786-624- 3820.