What you need to know BEFORE you use natural treatments:
- Natural remedies may cause harm. Like prescription medications, natural remedies may cause unwanted side effects, allergic reactions or interactions with medications and other substances.
- Some, but not all natural remedies have safe dosing established. Very few have safe dosing established for children.
- Discuss your use of natural remedies with your Health Care Provider.
- For Health Care Providers, specifically inquire about the use of natural and herbal remedies when reconciling medications.
ground tumeric and ginger roots
Of the top natural/herbal remedies sold in the U.S., the following list specifically identify pain relief as an indication for use:
- Turmeric (Curcumin)
- White Willow (Salix spp; willow bark)
- Ginger (Zingiber officinale)
- Feverfew (Tanacetum parthenium)
- Devils Claw (Harpagophytum procumbens)
- Cayenne (Capsicum annuum; capsicum frutescens)
Herbs and Natural Supplements (2015). 4th Edition
Reviewed by: Cindy Garlesky. For more information visit nicklauschildrens.org/PainAwareness.