Thank you for your interest in hosting a Special Event for our patients and families at Nicklaus Children's Hospital. We welcome your Special Event ideas.
What is a Special Event?
Special Events refer to visits that allow our patients the opportunity for hands-on participation and involvement via unique experiences and activities. Since many of our programs already provide ample craft and play opportunities daily, we value your creativity in proposing a visit which will provide our patients with a “one-of-a-kind” activity. This is your time to explore your talents and skills and share them with our patients and families!
ALL GUESTS ATTENDING MUST READ, COMPLETE AND SIGN the below application agreement.
Ideas for Special Events:
- Theater Performances
- Licensed Character Visits
- Seasonal Celebrations/Themed Carnivals
- Engaging Craft Activity
- Athlete Meet & Greets
- Musical Concerts
- Watch Parties
- Special Giveaways
Please ensure that your proposed idea will be enjoyable to a wide audience. Nicklaus Children's Hospital serves patients from birth to 21 years of age.
Rules and Guidelines
- We recommend up-to-date immunizations, flu and COVID vaccines.
- All special event guests must be in excellent health on the day of the visit.
- For the safety of our patients, special event guests showing signs of fever, cough, or diarrhea on day of visit will be asked to refrain from entering the hospital. The event can be rescheduled for an alternative date.
- HIPAA is a federal law that guarantees patient and family rights to confidentiality and privacy.
- Participants may not inquire about a patient's condition or hospital stay.
- No cell phone photography or personal photography permitted.
- Requests for media, photos or videography must be made in advance of the event. Photos will be shared for use.
TOYS & DISTRIBUTION
- No more than FIVE members of the organization may participate, including an adult leader.
- The minimum age of an attendee is 15 years of age.
- All individuals must be accompanied by a Nicklaus Children’s staff member while on the hospital campus or outpatient location.
- Patient participation varies based on hospital admission and patient census.
- Guests may not distribute toys, gifts, food or candy unless approved by the Nicklaus Children’s staff prior to the event date.
- For the safety of our patients, toys and gifts must be NEW and age-appropriate. Please review our toy wish list.
- Balloons: Nicklaus Children’s is a latex-free facility. Latex products, including balloons, are not permitted. Mylar balloons may be used.
- Face paint: only individual and disposable applicators (one sponge/brush per patient) for make-up, face paint, and tattoo applications.
- Catering services by our Food & Nutrition Department is preferred due to patient safety.
- Shelf stable items must be store bought (no homemade foods or drinks) and in a sealed package.
- Items containing peanuts and tree nuts are not permitted due to allergy risks.
- Individuals must be responsible, friendly, clean and well-mannered.
- No clothing with profane language and/or graphics. No shorts, tank tops, midriffs or miniskirts.
Cancelations must be made no later than 48 HOURS PRIOR to the event.
Nicklaus Children's Hospital staff reserves the right to cancel or discontinue special events at any time if they are thought to be inappropriate or unsafe for patients.