Nicklaus Children’s Hospital invites you to attend a conference designed to provide individuals with Beckwith-Wiedemann Syndrome (BWS) and their families with up-to-date information about the possible aspects of BWS and their management. The conference will consist of lectures by specialists with BWS expertise in the fields of cardiology, genetics, oncology, orthodontics, orthopedics, plastic surgery, anesthesiology, audiology, speech therapy and more. We will also have a guest speaker.
There will be an opportunity for clinical evaluations by plastic surgery, speech therapy, genetics, orthopedics, and orthodontics/dentist for individuals who have already had tongue reduction and those who may be considering this procedure.
The Beckwith-Wiedemann Foundation International is a co-sponsor of this event and will provide opportunities for BWS individuals and their families to network.
Schedule of the BWS Conference:
Friday, July 10, 2020
- 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. – Registration
- Follow-up clinic with Dr. Chad Perlyn, speech, orthodontist/dentist, orthopedics and genetics by appointment only.
Saturday, July 11, 2020
- 6:30 a.m. - 7:45 a.m. – Registration.
- 8:00a.m. - 4:00p.m. – Presentations by healthcare professionals (general and break-out sessions). Childcare provided; morning and afternoon refreshment breaks and boxed lunches included.
- 6:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m. – Mix n’ Mingle dinner (children invited).
Sunday, July 12, 2020
- New patient clinic with Dr. Chad Perlyn, speech, orthodontist/dentist, orthopedics and genetics by appointment only.
Cost of the conference includes:
- All healthcare professionals’ presentations on July 11, 2020.
- Morning and afternoon refreshment breaks, boxed lunches and dinner on July 11, 2020.
- Pre-registered clinic evaluation on either July 11 or July 12, 2020.
- Childcare provided on July 11, 2020.
Early-bird Pricing (prior to March 31st):
- Cost is $75.00 per person who attends the conference or receives childcare, and meals.
- After March 31st the cost will increase to $100.00 per person.
About the Speaker:
Dr. Chad Perlyn is an attending plastic surgeon within the Division of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery at Nicklaus Children’s Hospital and also an assistant professor and chief of the Division of Plastic Surgery at Florida International University’s Herbert Wertheim College of Medicine. As a pediatric plastic surgeon, Dr. Perlyn's practice is dedicated solely to caring for children and young adults with congenital or acquired anomalies and injuries. His particular interests are in craniofacial surgery, vascular anomalies and pigmented lesions of the skin.
We have reserved a block of rooms at:
Hampton Inn and Suites
777 NW 57th Avenue
Miami, Florida 33126
Phone: (305) 262-5400
Use this link to book with the BWS conference rate, or mention the following when making a reservation:
Group Name: Nicklaus Children's Group
Group Code: CHX-BWS
The following are the hotel rates (all rooms are non-smoking):
- 2 Queen Beds: $107.00 (with tax $120.91) no rollaways available for queen rooms, 4 people max occupancy.
- 1 King bed: $107.00 (with tax $120.91) roll away bed available upon request, 3 people max occupancy.
- Suite: $129.00 (with tax $145.77) 1 bedroom suite with either 2 queen beds or 1 king bed plus a pull out sofa, roll away bed available upon request, can potentially accomodate 8 people.
The room blocks will run from July 8, 2020 through July 15, 2020. If you wish to come early or stay late, please coordinate with the hotel on pricing.
There is free parking and Wi-Fi at the hotel. Free hot breakfast is also included.
*Please book as soon as possible to reserve the room you want. The 1 bedroom suites are usually booked first, so the sooner you reserve, the better. The special hotel rate will end on July 8, 2020.
There is a shuttle that runs from Miami International airport to the hotel. If you fly into Fort Lauderdale there is a super shuttle that will take you to Miami International airport and then you can take the hotel shuttle.
Uber transportation is available in Miami, to use this service you must download the Uber app to your phone.
The BWS Coordinator will have shuttle transportation provided to and from the hospital. Please see conference registration for more information.
For more information regarding the conference and to receive a registration packet please contact Kristen Burr, the BWS Center Coordinator