Members of the news media needing information about Nicklaus Children's Hospital, formerly Miami Children's Hospital, should contact our Public Relations Department. For immediate assistance, please call the on-call pager at (305) 286-4370.
We will provide prompt assistance 24 hours a day, regarding:
- Patient condition updates
- Breaking news
- Information about programs and services
- Medical experts on children's health
Only an authorized spokesperson is permitted to release the following information, which is consistent with the patient confidentiality policy of Nicklaus Children's Hospital, formerly Miami Children's Hospital:
- GOOD: Vital signs are stable and within normal limits. Patient is conscious and comfortable. Indicators are favorable.
- FAIR: Vital signs are stable and within normal limits. Patient is conscious, but may be uncomfortable. Indicators are favorable.
- SERIOUS: Vital signs may be unstable and not within normal limits. Patient is acutely ill. Indicators are questionable.
- CRITICAL: Vital signs are unstable and not within normal limits. Patient may be unconscious. Indicators are unfavorable.
Please note that the term "stable" should not be used as a condition. Furthermore, this term should not be used in combination with other conditions, which by definition, often indicate a patient is unstable.
Authorized Hospital Spokesperson:
Media & Public Relations
Phone: (305) 663-8476
Beeper: (305) 286-4370