The BWS Patient and Family Conference will feature speaking presentations by a panel of experts in treating craniofacial differences in children, including:
- Craniofacial Plastic Surgeon
- Speech Therapist
- General Surgery
- Guest Motivational Speaker
- BWS Teen/Adult Panel
Families will have the opportunity to ask questions during this virtual conference.
Registration is open now open through July 10, 2022.
- $75.00 for In-Person Access
- $25.00 for Virtual Access
- Friday, July 22, 2022: (Registration required) in-person clinics with Craniofacial Plastic Surgery, Orthopedic, Speech, Orthodontics, and Genetics.
- Saturday, July 23, 2022: in-person lectures (you may register for virtual acces only), childcare, lunch and dinner provided.
About the Speaker:
Dr. Chad A. Perlyn is president of Nicklaus Children’s Pediatric Specialists (NCPS), the physician-led group practice of Nicklaus Children’s Health System. In this role, Dr. Perlyn provides leadership related to the development of the vision and strategic growth of the health system’s more than 250 employed physicians, 24 pediatric specialty practices and outpatient care centers.
As a pediatric plastic and reconstructive surgeon, Dr. Perlyn’s practice is dedicated solely to caring for children and young adults with congenital or acquired anomalies and injuries. His clinical interests are in craniofacial surgery, vascular anomalies and pigmented lesions of the skin.
The Beckwith-Wiedemann Children's Foundation International is a co-sponsor of this event.
We have reserved a block of rooms at:
Hampton Inn and Suites
777 NW 57th Avenue
Miami, Florida 33126
Phone: (305) 262-5400
Use this link to book with the BWS conference rate, or mention the following when making a reservation:
Group Name: Nicklaus Children's Group
Group Code: CHX-BWS
The following are the hotel rates (all rooms are non-smoking):
- 2 Queen Beds: $107.00 (with tax $120.91) no rollaways available for queen rooms, 4 people max occupancy.
- 1 King bed: $107.00 (with tax $120.91) roll away bed available upon request, 3 people max occupancy.
- Suite: $129.00 (with tax $145.77) 1 bedroom suite with either 2 queen beds or 1 king bed plus a pull out sofa, roll away bed available upon request, can potentially accomodate 8 people.
The room blocks will run from July 8, 2020 through July 15, 2020. If you wish to come early or stay late, please coordinate with the hotel on pricing.
There is free parking and Wi-Fi at the hotel. Free hot breakfast is also included.
*Please book as soon as possible to reserve the room you want. The 1 bedroom suites are usually booked first, so the sooner you reserve, the better. The special hotel rate will end on July 8, 2020.
There is a shuttle that runs from Miami International airport to the hotel. If you fly into Fort Lauderdale there is a super shuttle that will take you to Miami International airport and then you can take the hotel shuttle.
Uber transportation is available in Miami, to use this service you must download the Uber app to your phone.
The BWS Coordinator will have shuttle transportation provided to and from the hospital. Please see conference registration for more information.
For more information regarding the conference and to receive a registration packet please contact Kristen Burr, the BWS Center Coordinator