Pediatric Orthopedic Services
Nicklaus Children's Hospital, formerly Miami Children's Hospital's has more programs included in pediatric rankings then any other hospital in Florida, with nine subspecialty categories nationally ranked by U.S. News & World Report in its 2014-15 "Best Children's Hospitals" rankings and no other program in the state of Florida is ranked higher in Pediatric Orthopedics.
The Nicklaus Children's Miramar Outpatient Center now offers pediatric orthopedic specialty services by appointment, including diagnosis and management for:
For further information, or to schedule an appointment, please call the Orthopedics Department at (305) 662-8366.
The Division of Neurosurgery at Nicklaus Children's Hospital, formerly Miami Children's Hospital, has the largest pediatric neurosurgery program in the State of Florida and one of the most recognized programs in the United States. The accomplishments of the Division of Neurosurgery are the result of the renowned doctors and treatment teams who guide its activities. The pediatric neurosurgeons are recognized for excellence among their peers based upon their surgical expertise, their many publications in textbooks and peer-reviewed journals, and their lectures both nationally and internationally. The Division of Neurosurgery offers state of the art surgical management of disorders of the nervous system including:
- Surgical treatment of Epilepsy
- Surgical treatment of Spasticity (selective dorsal rhizotomy/baclofen pumps)
- Brain Tumors
- Spinal Cord Tumors
- Hydrocephalus (including minimally invasive endoscopic techniques)
- Head and Spine Trauma
- Myelomeningocele and other congenital spinal anomalies
- Chiari Malformations
- Craniosynostosis and Craniofacial Syndromes
- Arachnoid Cysts
- Vascular Malformations of the brain (Aneurysms and Arteriovenous Malformations) and spinal cord
- Moyamoya Disease
- Peripheral nerve surgery (e.g. brachial plexus repair)
- Inflammatory/Infectious processes of the brain and spine (e.g. brain abscess)
For additional information about pediatric neurosurgery or to make an appointment, please contact the Nicklaus Children's Hospital, Division of Neurosurgery at 305-662-8386.