Classes and Programs to Promote Children's Well-Being
The Trauma Services Department offers a number of classes and programs to promote the well-being of children in our community.
- Sport Injury prevention workshops for parents and coaches of young athletes
- Court-ordered child passenger restraint course (C.R.O.P.)
- Safe Sitter Program (16-hour program that instructs teens in caring for small children)
- First aid
- Safe Transport of Children with Special Needs, offering assistance in the selection of safety seats for proper fit and installation, and appropriateness for child’s overall passenger safety needs. Sponsored by the Florida Department of Transportation.
- Safety health fairs (offered on campus and on location)