Our High School Program is now closed. Please check back frequently for updates on the next application cycle.
- Fulfill a SIX-MONTH and 80-HOUR MINIMUM COMMITMENT
- Volunteer once a week for a scheduled 3-hour shift
- Two absences are allowed every three months
When the High School application is open, please email your completed application as one PDF document to email@example.com.
A confirmation email will be sent once all documents have been received and processed.
Required documents to be submitted with application in PDF format:
- Immunization records for MMR (Measles, Mumps, Rubella) and Varicella (Chicken Pox), TDAP, Covid vaccine, and Flu vaccine within flu season. All vaccinations are fully required to volunteer.
- Most recent report card (all academic and conduct grades must be a B or better to be eligible for the program)
- Copy of birth certificate or proof of age (14 year old minimum requirement)
NOTE: Due to the high level of applications we receive, we cannot guarantee acceptance. Qualified applications are received on a first-come, first-serve basis until capacity is reached.
Verification of Hours
Volunteer hours will be verified and signed off only once the minimum commitment is fulfilled.
Orientation & Training
An online orientation will be required, which will provide further details on the volunteer program, policies, and rules. Additional assignment-specific training may be required.
Applicants will be interviewed after completing the online volunteer orientation. The purpose of the interview is to introduce the applicant to the Volunteer Resources staff, and to discuss schedules, position availability, and applicant skills, experience, and interest. Acceptance into the program is decided at that time, as well as the volunteer assignment and schedule. Volunteer assignments and schedules are not guaranteed and are based on availability and the outcome of the interview.
Accepted applicants are required to purchase a uniform immediately following the interview, which includes an NCHS Volunteer polo shirt for $15.
For High School applicants 18 years and older: A social security number is required to complete an online criminal background check at the interview. If you do not have a social security number, please contact Volunteer Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tuberculosis (TB) Test
Volunteers must receive a TB test within seven days following the interview and provide documentation. TB tests can be received at a Minute Clinic or with a physician.