eSSENTIAL Accessibility Inc.
is the provider of a software-based service that makes online environments fully accessible to individuals with physical disabilities.
eSSENTIAL Accessibility®, is an innovative assistive technology that is deployed in a revolutionary manner. Effectively, it ensures that anyone with a physical disability can easily access any website that carries this mark.
Nicklaus Children's Hospital, formerly Miami Children's Hospital, is proud to offer free of charge to all MCH.com visitors this innovative online accessibility software.
How does it work?
eSSENTIAL Accessibility® is a stand alone web browser that features the following array of keyboard and mouse replacement solutions (i.e. alternative input methods) which allow users to overcome any physical limitation and access a website:
- Onscreen Keyboard (with Word Prediction and Layout Designer)
- Auto Click
- Manual Scan
- Auto Scan
- XY Mouse
- Direction Mouse
- Radar Mouse
- Hands-Free Movement Tracking System
eSSENTIAL Accessibility® includes a page-reader system for individuals who have difficulty reading. This feature can be set to:
- Read the content of any web page out loud
- Read the title of the frames out loud
- Read the content of a selected frame out loud
- Read the links on an open web page out loud
eSSENTIAL Accessibility® is fully compatible with the following voice recognition systems:
- Microsoft Speech Recognition 6.1 or greater
- Fully customizable toolbar
- Multi-user (seven in all including French)
- Fully compatible with SAPI 4 and SAPI 5
- LiveUpdate system