Welcome and congratulations on your decision to join Nicklaus Children's Hospital. Whether you are joining as an intern, extern, or rotation student, you’ll find Nicklaus Children's Hospital to be a rewarding place to receive hands on experience.
This page is for all students enrolled and majoring in patient and non-patient contact fields of study.
These include but are not limited to: Business Administration, Public Relations, Health Care Administration, Nursing, Physical, Occupational and Speech Therapy.
How to become an intern at Nicklaus Children's Hospital?
Contact the Student Contract Liaison
Have the following information ready with you:
- Name of school
- Contact information of your school representative
- Hours needed to complete the internship
- Department (s) where you would like to intern
If Liaison verifies placement, then:
- Review and complete the student orientation online form that corresponds with your field of study.
- Make sure to have all information complete.
- Contact department/preceptor/director to verify start date and time.
After completing the internship:
- Return your badge to Volunteer Services.
- If you require documentation of your hours, Volunteer Services can provide you with a copy.