The Autism program at the Nicklaus Children's Dan Marino Outpatient Center is internationally recognized and offers a comprehensive care program for autism and other developmental/cognitive disorders in children referred from all over the world. The Center also coordinates community outreach projects that include the services of specialized medical and allied healthcare professionals, educational organizations, volunteer programs and parent support organizations.
Services provided by Neuro Network Partners
(A private physician practice)
- Autism impacts the normal development of the brain in the areas of social interaction, communication skills, and cognitive function.
- Individuals with autism typically have difficulties in verbal and non-verbal communication, social interactions, and leisure or play activities.
- 1 out of 88 children age 8 will have an Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD)
- Males are four times more likely to have an ASD than females.
- Autism greatly varies from person to person (no two people with autism are alike) and ranges from very mild to severe.
- Children with autism do progress – early intervention is key