The Nicklaus Children’s Pinecrest Sports Health Center is fast becoming one of the premier services of its kind. Bringing together the region’s top pediatric sports medicine professionals, our comprehensive program is dedicated to enhancing sports performance in the young athlete.
Take a Virtual Tour of the Facilities
Diagnostics and Testing
To schedule diagnostic services, please call toll-free 1-877-624-8413.
Nicklaus Children's Pediatric Specialists provide the following specialty consultation services:
For additional service details or to schedule an appointment with a specialist, please call 1-888-624-2778.
Athletic Training Services
Licensed Athletic Trainers are contracted with local schools, club teams, physician offices, and other athletic events. Athletic Trainers provide injury prevention, emergency care, clinical diagnosis, therapeutic intervention and rehabilitation of injury.
Injury Prevention Programs
With a focus on performance enhancement and injury prevention, our programs utilize state-of-the-art technology to identify injury risk and optimize sports performance.
- Cardiology Screening Services (including Free EKG screening to identify athletes at risk of sudden cardiac arrest).
- Baseline Balance and Vestibular Testing - A computerized baseline concussion test of balance and vestibular function before starting high-impact and/or contact sports.
- ImPACT Testing - A computerized neuro-cognitive concussion assessment tool that establishes pre-participation baseline cognitive functioning for high-impact and/or contact sports.
- Running Injury Prevention Screening - The running program combines cutting-edge motion analysis with dynamic pressure mapping to evaluate and reduce the risk of running-related injuries.
- ACL Injury Prevention Screening - This program utilizes state-of-the-art motion analysis to identify and correct improper landing and cutting mechanics to reduce the risk of an ACL injury.
- Dance Injury Prevention Screening & Pointe Readiness Screening - These programs will asses and decrease a dancer's risk of injury with a thorough assesment of strength, balance, range of motion and neuromuscular control.
Sports Injury Prevention and Performance Programs
Nicklaus Children's Sports Health
is fast becoming one of the premier programs of its kind in the nation, combining state-of-the-art
diagnostics and screening with a multidisciplinary team of pediatric sports medicine doctors for elite,
intermediate, beginner and special needs athletes. Whether your child is competing as an elite athlete
at a national level or just loves to run in the park, our holistic, specialized program will help them
achieve their personal health and fitness goals.
© 2021 Nicklaus Children's Hospital. All Rights Reserved.