The Division of Pediatric Neurosurgery, part of Nicklaus Children's Brain Institute, is the largest pediatric neurosurgical service in Florida and one of the most recognized programs in the country.
The Division of Neurosurgery is one of the busiest referral centers for treating young children with complex nervous system disorders such as pediatric brain tumors, intractable epilepsy, complex cases of hydrocephalus, craniosynostosis/craniofacial syndromes, as well as peripheral nerve and brachial plexus injury, spasticity and movement disorders.
- Neural-Tube Defect Clinic (Spina Bifida)
Pediatric Neurosurgery Treatments and Procedures
- Minimally invasive removal of brain tumors
- Surgical treatment of Epilepsy
- Inflammatory/Infectious processes of the brain and spine (e.g. brain abscess)
- Surgical treatment of Spasticity (selective dorsal rhizotomy/baclofen pumps)
- Surgical treatment of vascular malformations of the brain and spinal cord
- Minimally invasive endoscopic techniques
- Frameless stereotactic guidance
- intraoperative mapping to preserve normal brain function
At the Forefront of Research
The surgical team is pushing forward the frontiers of pediatric neurosurgery through its active clinical and translational research programs to develop novel treatment approaches for pediatric brain tumors and head trauma and new non-invasive surgical approaches for the treatment of epilepsy.
Next-Generation Neurosurgical Suite
Neurosurgeries are conducted in a state-of-the-art neurosurgical suite equipped with advanced neuronavigation systems.This leading-edge suite provides enhanced efficiency and safety for neurosurgical services and offers a venue for expanded neurosurgical procedures, including functional surgery for epilepsy and movement disorders, and a platform for advanced neuroimaging research.
Our Team of Experts
The Division of Pediatric Neurosurgery is led by a team of renowned pediatric neurosurgeons who are recognized for excellence among their peers based upon their surgical expertise, their numerous publications in textbooks and peer-reviewed journals, and their lectures both nationally and internationally.