February 22-25, 2018
100 Chopin Plaza,
Miami, FL 33131
The hotel headquarters for the 53rd Annual Pediatric Postgraduate Course is the InterContinental Miami Hotel. This luxurious hotel, overlooking Biscayne Bay, is conveniently close to Miami Beach and adjacent to Bayside Marketplace with its fashionable shops and restaurants. Thoughtfully designed with the business traveler in mind, the stylish rooms and suites all offer spectacular views of Miami. A selection of two restaurants at the InterContinental Miami provides guests with the choice of formal or casual dining while the fitness center includes an outdoor pool.
Hotel Room Rates
General Course Information
Nicklaus Children's Hospital
Re: Annual Pediatric Postgraduate Course
3100 SW 62 Avenue
Miami, Florida 33155
Telephone: 1-800-445-9340 or 305-662-8357
It is strongly recommended that you book your hotel as soon as possible as our block fills up quickly. Reservations can be cancelled without penalty until 24 hours prior to arrival (please review hotel’s website for updates).
About the InterContinental Hotel
One of the Most Distinguished Names Among Miami Luxury Hotels…
Built in 1982, the InterContinental® Miami soars majestically into the skyline on Chopin Plaza and adjacent to Bayfront Park, located at the confluence of Biscayne Bay and Miami River. A Miami luxury hotel, it was the first in the area to cater to the discerning business elite when it was designed and built by famed architect Pietro Belluschi. Boasting the only lobby in the world built around a work of art, the hotel’s 18-foot, 70-ton Spindle sculpture made of travertine marble by sculptor Henry Moore is the breathtaking focal point of a grand lobby constructed in Italian marble slabs and precious African wood. The hotel was originally designed to be a casino but never operated as such. Instead, it has earned a reputation as Florida’s premier luxury hotel, now an iconic part of Miami history after more than 25 years under the exclusive InterContinental® brand.
Soaring 34 stories above gleaming Biscayne Bay, InterContinental® Miami bayfront hotel provides luxury accommodations with panoramic views of this vibrant city. Adjacent to the waterfront and downtown attractions, you can shop at nearby fashion boutiques, sample innovative cuisine at one of the city’s ritzy restaurants or just bask in the warm tropical sun and cool bay breezes. Make your reservation now at Miami Children's Health System’s discounted rate and discover all that Miami has to offer from our bayfront hotel, ideally situated in a convenient setting:
- Minutes from South Beach, Miami Design District, the Port of Miami, American Airlines Arena, Adrienne Arscht Center, Bayside Marketplace, Bayfront Park, Coconut Grove and Coral Gables
- Only 7.5 miles from Miami International Airport (MIA), a quick 5-10 minute taxi drive (Estimated taxi fare: $25/each way)
- Just 25 miles from Fort Lauderdale International Airport (FLL)
- Overlooking Biscayne Bay in the heart of Miami, Florida
- Just 20 minutes from the Miami Convention Center
You don’t have to leave the comfort of the InterContinental® Miami to enjoy a tantalizing selection of fine dining options. Savor a Pan Latin meal at the upscale Toro Toro Restaurant. At the more casual Blue Water, feast upon handmade pizzas and salads and refreshing tropical cocktails in the Mediterranean-styled, poolside setting overlooking Biscayne Bay. Our conveniently located downtown Miami hotel includes these exceptional dining options:
- Toro Toro, Discover acclaimed Chef-owner Richard Sandoval's unique culinary spin on South and Central American ingredients.
- Table 40, our exclusive chef’s table experience
- Blue Water, offering casual, poolside ambience, handmade pizzas and salads, overlooking Biscayne Bay.
- Starbucks, serving an extensive selection of coffee, espresso, cappuccino, specialty drinks, baked goods and snacks
- 24-hour room service for private in-room dining
Uncover a soothing new world of replenishment and relaxation with the InterContinental® Miami’s exclusive spa packages. Retreat from the bustle of our downtown location and allow our mySpa expert staff to exceed your expectations with calming, personalized treatments that cater specifically to your needs. At our soothing spa, you can indulge in Miami’s best massages, aromatherapy and more before retiring to the comfort of your plush and private accommodations
- From Miami International Airport: Take 836 East to I-95 South to Biscayne Boulevard (Exit 2A). Take the ramp down through two red lights. Turn left at the stop sign (get in the far right lane). Turn right at first red light (one half-block). The InterContinental® Miami is on your right.
- From Kendall, Homestead, or Key West: Take U.S. 1 North to I-95. Exit at Biscayne Boulevard (Exit 2A). Take the ramp down through two red lights. Turn left at the stop sign (get in the far right lane). Turn right at first red light (one half-block). The InterContinental® Miami is on your right.
- From Palm Beach, Fort Lauderdale, or Pompano: Take I-95 South to Biscayne Boulevard (Exit 2A). Take the ramp down through two red lights. Turn left at the stop sign (get in the far right lane). Turn right at the first red light (one half-block). The InterContinental® Miami is on your right.