Pediatric Epilepsy Center
A Global Leader for Treating Epilepsy in Children
Nicklaus Children's Brain Institute is an internationally recognized leader in caring for children and infants with epilepsy, welcoming patients from all over the world to visit our Epilepsy Center. The South Florida-based program offers the latest medical and surgical interventions to help children with epileptic seizures.
For children whose seizures cannot be controlled medically, the program has among the largest experience in the nation in conducting pediatric epilepsy surgery, using the latest minimally invasive surgical methods for children including MRI-guided laser ablation surgery.
State-of-the-Art Technology for Pediatric Epilepsy Care & Treatment
- Computer-modeled diagnosis of epilepsy source
- Minimally invasive epilepsy surgery with laser-guided probe (Visualase)
- Precision surgery made possible through intraoperative brain mapping
- Neuro-intensive monitoring of children with severe epilepsy
- Comprehensive genetic diagnosis of epileptic disorders
- Use of optical imaging to help define epileptic tissue
© 2021 Nicklaus Children's Hospital. All Rights Reserved.