Nicklaus Children's Hospital's goal is to provide a friendly and unforgettable learning experience for nursing students at all levels. By allowing nursing students to rotate within the patient care units, operating room and urgent care centers; they are exposed to the wide array of specialties in nursing and assisted in gaining insight into the development of their future professional goals.
Nicklaus Children's Hospital presents Pediatric Clinical Excellence awards bi-annually honoring exceptional students that rotated through the hospital. Nicklaus Children's Hospital sponsors several community school events. Partnership and participation in community research consortiums. Nicklaus Children's Hospital nurses assume roles as adjunct clinical faculty in various nursing schools throughout South Florida.
Nicklaus Children's Hospital offers a Student Nurse Intern Program (SNIP), which provides nursing students the opportunity to be hired as care assistants to gain insight into the field of nursing. Nicklaus Children's Hospital collaborates with the Nursing Consortium of Florida in hosting "A Day in the Life of a Nurse", a shadowing program to encourage Junior and Senior High School students to consider a career in nursing.
Nurse Inter Program
- Nurse Intern Program (SNIP) program which includes provides students the opportunity to be hired as care assistants to gain insight into the field of nursing.
Day in the Life of a Nurse
- Nicklaus Children's Hospital collaborates with The Nursing Consortium of Florida in hosting a "Day in Life of a Nurse," a shadowing program to encourage junior and senior high school students to consider a career in nursing.
Collaboration wiht Clinical and Non-Clinical Departments
Interdisciplinary collaboration remains an integral component of Nicklaus Children's Hospital nursing practice. As nurses, we value collaborative teams co- led within multiple disciplines and believe that effective collaborative teams improve patient care processes and outcomes. Clinical and Non-Clinical Departments that collaborate with nursing are:
- Inpatient pharmacy
- Pulmonary Care
- Physical Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Preventive Medicine
- Food and Nutrition (Clinical Dietitians)
- Child Life
- Research Institute
- Infection Prevention and Control
- Ambulatory Units
- Dialysis Unit
- Infusion Unit
- Pediatric Care Center
- Critical Care Units
- Pediatric Intensive Care Unit (PICU)
- Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU)
- Pediatric Cardiac Intensive Care unit (CICU)
- Emergency Department
- Inpatient Units
- Pediatric Surgical/Orthopedic Unit
- Psychiatry Unit
- Neurology and Neurosurgical Unit
- Renal/Gastroenterology/Endocrinology Unit
- Respiratory Unit
- Hematology/Oncology and Immunology Unit
- Infant Care Unit
- LifeFlight® Critical Care Transport Program
- Radiology Department
- Surgical Units
- Same Day Surgery Unit
- Cardiac Catheterization Lab
- Operating Room
- Post Anesthesia Care Unit
- Minor Procedure Suite
© 2023 Nicklaus Children's Hospital. All Rights Reserved.