Because we care about your child’s safety, we would like to partner with you and share tips on how we can prevent patient falls while in the hospital. Please...
- Accompany your child to the bathroom, especially if he/she is attached to any equipment, is under medication, or just had surgery. Let the nurse know if you need assistance or if you need to step out of the room.
- Make sure the bed or crib side rails are always up.
- Do not share the bed or crib with your child.
- If your child is under 3 years old, make sure he/she sleeps in the crib even if this is not what you do at home.
- If you feel sleepy while holding your child, please place him/her in the crib/bed (side rails up). If you fall asleep, your child may fall out of your arms.
- Do not walk while holding your child, as you may trip and fall.
- Do not let your child run in the hospital, as he or she may trip and fall.
- Do not allow your child to stand or ride on any equipment, such as IV poles.
- If your child uses a wheelchair or a stroller, make sure that all seat belts and straps are fastened appropriately.
Safety is our priority.
Thank you for partnering with us.