Social Work Services
Social workers actively collaborate with the multidisciplinary team and provide the following services to patients and their families:
- Psychosocial assessment and goal oriented treatment planning
- Crisis intervention
- Short-term individual and family counseling
- Discharge planning
- Patient/team conferences
- Case management
- Parent support groups
- Information and referral
- Identification of, and appropriate intervention with, child abuse/neglect cases as well as with domestic violence cases
- Patient/family education and staff in-services
- Assistance with Advance Directives and DNR process
- Grief/bereavement counseling
- Assistance with complex funeral/burial arrangements
- Interventions with diverse systems outside Nicklaus Children's Hospital
- Post-mortem conference coordination
- Short-term post-discharge phone or outpatient follow-up
Hours of Service
Social Work Services are available to patients and famlies:
Monday – Sunday from 8:30 a.m. to midnight.
The evening social worker on duty can always be reached via the operator. There is always an off-site, on-call social worker from 11 p.m. to 8:30 a.m. The on-call social worker is available by pager for phone consultations as well as for in-person response to complex cases. All Nicklaus Children's Hospital social workers hold MSW degrees and many are Florida licensed.
© 2020 Nicklaus Children's Hospital. All Rights Reserved.