Members of the news media needing information about Nicklaus Children's Hospital, should contact our Public Relations Department.
We will provide prompt assistance 24 hours a day, regarding:
- Patient condition updates
- Breaking news
- Information about programs and services
- Medical experts on children's health
Only an authorized spokesperson is permitted to release the following information, which is consistent with the patient confidentiality policy of Nicklaus Children's Hospital:
- GOOD: Vital signs are stable and within normal limits. Patient is conscious and comfortable. Indicators are favorable.
- FAIR: Vital signs are stable and within normal limits. Patient is conscious, but may be uncomfortable. Indicators are favorable.
- SERIOUS: Vital signs may be unstable and not within normal limits. Patient is acutely ill. Indicators are questionable.
- CRITICAL: Vital signs are unstable and not within normal limits. Patient may be unconscious. Indicators are unfavorable.
Please note that the term "stable" should not be used as a condition. Furthermore, this term should not be used in combination with other conditions, which by definition, often indicate a patient is unstable.
For after-hours service please call 305-666-6511 and ask the operator for the marketing representative on call.
© 2021 Nicklaus Children's Hospital. All Rights Reserved.